There are literally thousands of possible applications for essential oils. Here (in reverse order) we’ve gathered some of the best. These 17-essential oil hacks are some of the strangest, but also the most useful. Please read these, because we’ve saved the best for last!
|These 17-tips are very popular and contain tons of useful essential oil info. Did you know you can use essential oils to STRENGTHEN YOUR NAILS and ATTRACT BUTTERFLIES to your garden? It’s true! Those are just three of the amazing tips. Read all about them, plus all the rest here…
17. Hiccups be Gone! Getting rid of hiccups can seem impossible, but you don’t have to find someone who will scare the wits out of you to do it. To make them stop, rub 2 drops of peppermint essential oil diluted in a carrier oil into your palms and inhale deeply for a couple of minutes. The invigorating minty aroma should help to reset your breathing pattern and stop the diaphragm spasms. [naturallivingideas.com]
16. Help Make Your Skin Tighter & Resilient to Wrinkles Frankincense essential oil is considered to be a powerful astringent, which means it helps to protect skin cells. It can not only be used to reduce acne and other blemishes but to prevent wrinkles and even help tighten the skin to slow the signs of aging. It can be used anywhere the skin is starting to sag, like under the eyes or the jowls. Mix 6 drops of frankincense essential oil to one ounce of unscented carrier oil and apply directly to the skin. Essential oils combined with high-tech can also reduce facial puffiness in days [naturallivingideas.com]
15. Get More Productive at Work If you want to improve your focus, as well as speed and accuracy while you’re working, particularly when you’re working on a cognitive task, keep some rosemary essential oil in your desk and take a whiff when you start to feel like you’re dragging. Research has also suggested that it may help to strengthen your memory too. [naturallivingideas.com]
14. Plump Your Lips Add 1-2 drops of peppermint essential oil to a tube of lip gloss. Mix well using the lip gloss wand to make sure the EO is distributed fairly evenly throughout the entire tube of lip gloss. Apply as normal. Thanks to the peppermint, you’re lips will feel slightly tingly and look more full. [oneessentialcommunity.com]
13. Freshen as You Vacuum Who doesn’t want their house to smell fresh & clean every time you vacuum? It’s simple– all you do is put a few drops of your favorite essential oil (or EO combination) on a small piece of a napkin or tissue and then vacuum it up. Who knew? As you vacuum, your whole house will smell amazing. [oneessentialcommunity.com]
12. Make a DIY Car Diffuser in 10 Seconds (for less than 5 cents) Take an inexpensive wooden clothespin. Add 2-3 drops of essential oil to the wood of the clothespin and clip the clothespin to your car’s vent. When you turn on your AC/heat/fan and air comes out of your car’s vents, the air will blow over and around the clothespin and circulate the essential oils throughout your car. Simply blissful! [oneessentialcommunity.com]
11. Sore Ears Have your earlobes ever gotten sore and inflamed after you’ve worn cheap earrings? If your ears are pierced, odds are, you’ve experienced this more than a few times. If it happens again, just rub a drop of tea tree essential oil on them, and you’ll feel relief immediately. [naturallivingideas.com]
10. Attract Butterflies Butterflies are beautiful to look at, and gazing at them can even offer stress-relief. But how do you get them to come into your garden? Just add a drop or two of wild orange or lavender essential oil onto a cotton ball, and place several of them throughout your garden. [naturallivingideas.com]
9. Strengthen Your Nails Dry, brittle nails? Add 1 drop of melaleuca (tea tree) essential oil to about 1/4 teaspoon of olive oil and then apply this mixture directly onto your nails and massage in to strengthen them. [oneessentialcommunity.com]
8. Help Your Moisturizer Work Better & Use LED Light to Enhance Your Skin with Essential Oils Add 1 drop of geranium or myrrh essential oil to your face moisturizer to promote youthful-looking skin. [byrdie.com]
7. Freshen Stinky Shoes and Boots Stinky shoes taking over your home? Get rid of that funky smell using just a cotton ball and essential oil. Add a few drops of peppermint, ylang-ylang or other favorite essential oil to a cotton ball and place one cotton ball deep inside of each shoe. Leave overnight; odors should be all gone in the morning. [oneessentialcommunity.com]
6. Banish Monsters Under the Bed Just about every child has had a rough time trying to get to sleep because of monsters under the bed, or in closet. You can create your very own “Monster Spray” that the kids can use just before bedtime, so assured a monster-free zone. Add several drops of lavender essential oil to a small spray bottle with water; let them spray it around the bedroom, and they’ll be sure to enjoy a more restful sleep (as will you). [naturallivingideas.com]
5. Scalp Revitalizer with Essential Oils Stimulate your scalp and energize your brain by adding 2-3 drops of rosemary and spearmint essential oil to your shampoo and conditioner. [byrdie.com]
4. Natural Chest Rub with Essential Oils If you have allergies or congestion but want to keep your treatments au naturel, here’s your solution: mix four to six drops of eucalyptus essential oil with one ounce of olive oil, and massage into your chest to help ease breathing.
3. Get rid of Bugs Naturally with Peppermint or Neem Essential Oil Bugs hate the smell of peppermint essential oil. Neem oil (considered a ‘carrier’ oil, rather than an ‘essential oil’) is a natural insecticide (yet not toxic to humans or animals). Simply use a little peppermint or neem oil mixture, encouraging them to find a new home. Mix 15 drops of peppermint or neem essential oil and a cup of water in a spray bottle. Shake well & spray (inside & out) where bugs hang out or might enter. Get baseboards, around doors, windows, corners or rooms, etc. Don’t use too much; your goal is not to get things wet; that could cause mold. You just want to get the smell of the oil into the area, so bugs will relocate somewhere else (over to your neighbors, say). [oneessentialcommunity.com]
2. Get to Sleep & Stay-Asleep Place a few drops of lavender essential oil on or around your pillow and blanket/duvet before you go to sleep (if you’re concerned about marking sheets or pillowcase, you can place oil on a tissue or cotton-ball and place next to pillow).
1. De-Bloating Treatment This is perhaps the coolest essential-oil use of the bunch. If you have any digestive issues, put one drop of cardamom essential oil in some [body] oil and rub it onto your tummy. This oil mixture can helps relieve any bloating or discomfort. How does it work? Cardamom naturally purifies and enlivens. Its sweet and spicy scent aids in circulation and encourages movement and flow. [byrdie.com]
Byrdie.com Swiss-Ultimate Labs Research