Video: How to Make Natural, Pain Relieving Muscle Rub with Cayenne & Essential Oils
With winter coming, if you’re like me you may find yourself with a few aches and pains. Store-bought ointments can be fine, but they often come with artificial ingredients and harsh chemicals that can be all-too-easily absorbed into your skin (not to mention bloodstream). So how about taking a few minutes to make your own?
It’s really easy, and works amazingly well. This all-natural recipe has; coconut oil, beeswax, cayenne pepper, ginger powder or turmeric, peppermint essential oil and lavender essential oil.
Check out the video, recipe guide and ingredient-list below the video.
Muscle Rub Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup grated beeswax
- 2 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 2 teaspoon ginger or turmeric powder (turmeric is a great anti-inflammatory, just be aware turmeric will cause some temporary skin discoloration)
- 15 drops peppermint essential oil
- 15 drops lavender essential oil
- glass jar
Muscle Rub Directions: Total Time to make: 20–30 minutes. Gives enough for 30 applications.
- Pour all oils (except essential oils) in to a jar. Place a saucepan with 2 inches of water over medium low heat
- Place jar in saucepan and allow contents to melt. Stir to combine. Add cayenne and ginger/turmeric
- Once combined, allow to cool slightly and then add in essential oils. Mix well
- Pour mixture into metal tins or storage containers and allow to set
Source: Recipe and video – Dr Josh Axe draxe.com/homemade-muscle-rub